When To Do Your Spring HVAC Maintenance
When it comes to getting your home ready for warmer months, you will not want to forget your HVAC system. The spring is a perfect time to have an HVAC professional give your HVAC system maintenance. Proper maintenance helps to lower energy bills and increases the life of your unit. It also helps to improve your indoor air quality.
What Happens During Spring Maintenance Time?
Spring maintenance time for your HVAC system consists of several different things. Things covered during maintenance time include:
- Cleaning. You need to clean both the indoor and outdoor units to ensure they are functioning well. A dirty heating and cooling system will not perform. This may also include cleaning the ductwork system if it is dirty.
- Inspection. A technician will inspect every part of the system. They will also check ductwork to ensure that it does not need repair. During the inspection, the technician will look for any signs of damage. If your system needs a repair, they will make note of it.
- Recommendations. After the inspection is complete, the technician will suggest what to fix on your system. Prompt repairs will help you avoid larger problems in the future. They may also recommend that now is the time that you replace your unit. This is especially true if your unit is over ten years old, or is in need of extensive repairs.
- Repairs. Any repairs that you need your HVAC technician can perform during your appointment.
- Testing. The technician will test all the parts of the air conditioning system. This is to ensure that it is functioning like it should before he leaves.
Getting an HVAC Maintenance Contract
The best way to get a maintenance contract is to sign one with your local HVAC provider. They will be able to provide you with excellent service at an affordable price. Many HVAC companies offer maintenance packages at affordable rates. The most common time for people to get maintenance is in the spring and then again in the fall. Finding a company that can do both is a great way to save money while ensuring that your HVAC system runs well.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for a company to get a spring maintenance plan with, please contact us at Robert Bair today. Our friendly team of HVAC professionals will come out this spring. We can ensure that your air conditioning system is ready for those warm months.